Segway created a robot that can drive you anywhere and also auto-follows you. So it’s actually R2D2, yes exactly!
- Dimensions Height * Length * Width: 650 x 310 x 570mm
- Net Weight ~ 19kg (~ 42lbs)
- Battery Capacity 329Wh
- Speed Limit 8km/h (4.3mph) in robot mode, 18km/h (11mph) in SBV* mode
- Head Rotation Range Yaw ± 150 degrees, pitch -90 ~ 180 degrees. Origin is upon transformation
- LCD Screen 4.3 inch, 480 * 800 pixels
- Operating Temperature In robot mode: 32 ~ 95°F (0 ~ 35°C), in SBV mode: 14 ~ 104°F (-10 ~ 40°C)
- Storage Temperature 14 ~ 122°F (-10 ~ 50°C)
[/wpsm_column][wpsm_column size=”one-half” position=”last”]
Latest News on Loomo
Segway's rideable robot sidekick Loomo is now on IndiegogoMarch 6, 2018 - The Verge
Segway's mini (and adorable) personal transporter Loomo is now available on Indiegogo with an estimated delivery date of May 2018. first saw Loomo at CES, where Paul Miller rode around on the AI-powered, hoverboard-like Segway bot. The Loomo...
With Loomo, Segway takes robotics far from the homeMarch 7, 2018 - ZDNet
We have long assumed that robotics would take us far. Now, Segway Niinebot, the latest iteration of the company that pioneered the self-balancing electric scooter, has literally implemented that idea. Loomo is essentially the head of a robot -- an...
Meet Loomo, Segway's Mini Transporter And Robotic Sidekick That Captures Photos And VideoMarch 8, 2018 - Tech Times
With Loomo, the mini transporter is designed to accommodate riders weighing 55 to 220 pounds. Unfortunately, Loomo isn't designed to accommodate riders outside of the specified weight range. Anti-slip tires help when traveling on a pavement and other...